Considering cloth diapers?
Here is how many of each item you will need:
- 24 to 36 cloth diapers.
- 0 to 3 all-in-one diapers.
- 4 to 6 cloth diaper covers.
- 1 or 2 polar fleece or wool covers for overnight. (optional)
- 12 to 24 doublers. (More if your child is a heavy wetter)
- 1 diaper pail.
- 2 to 3 dozen cloth diaper wipes.
When considering the amounts to buy, take into account the age of your baby. Newborns and infants will need 10 to 12 changes a day. Toddlers will need 8 to 10. Most cloth diaper families wash diapers every 2 or 3 days.
If you decide to try fitted cloth diapers be sure to try a sampling before investing in a large number of any one brand. Fitted diapers vary quite a bit in size and fit from baby to baby.
Your cloth diapering system can be all one type of diaper or a combination of pre-folds, fitted, and even all-in-ones.